Saturday, January 7, 2012

Oh No! Short on Supplies (Patagonia, AZ)

Must be my week to be short on supplies.  First, I goofed on cutting strips, so I had to use some of my green border material.  Here's the result....

Not too bad.  I haven't decided if I'm going to make more blocks or stop with what I have now.  In honor of the Delighted! fabric, I think I'm going to call this quilt "Delightfully Dizzy".

I accepted a challenge from a Facebook group called "Crafty Mavens" to finish one project a month.  I figured it would be a good incentive to get some of these UFOs done.  I started with this crochet blanket that was halfway done.  I can't believe I miscalculated how much yarn I needed and I ran out!  
The nearest Joann's Fabric Store is an hour away.  It does not make sense to drive to Tucson for one skein of yarn, so I went to Joann's website with hope of finding the same yarn.  Not only did I find the same yarn, it was on sale!  Yes, I know the dye lot will not be the same.  Hopefully, it will not be too glaring of a difference.  It seemed silly to buy one skein for under $4 and pay $6 shipping....so I bought 7 skeins instead for the same shipping cost.  Now I have enough yarn for a second blanket.  The reason for finishing this project was to get it out of my closet so I can have a little more space.   Okay, did that make sense?

Well, back to my projects.  I'll leave you with some photos of a Ladder Back Woodpecker  Red-naped Sapsucker  getting a drink of water from the creek.  I spent two days trying to get pictures of this guy while he was pecking away on his favorite tree across the creek.  On the third day, I guess he felt sorry for me because he landed in the creek right in front of me!  (Oops! I goofed!  Thanks Barbara for letting me know!)


That lady has been watching me for two days..

Okay, lady.  Are you watching me?

Yea?  How about this view?

Heh!Heh! I'm a baaaaad boy..

8 comments:

  1. Love delightfully dizzy! Oh well, you might not have more room, but you'll have so many more blankets to keep you warm or give away. Love the woodpecker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible bird photos!!! And I laughed reading about your yarn buying adventure. That seems to be how it goes with me, when I'm trying to finish up sewing projects. I always seem to end up buying MORE fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt dye lot will make any difference on that yarn. It is funny that you will end up with more. As usual the bird pictures are only exceeded by your captions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when I miscalculate! I have found though that dye lots are much better than they used to be, and the lighter colors usually match pretty well. I've only had problems once, and it was a dark green. Luckily I ran out exactly half way, so I made it work on my scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky! You get to see the best wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful bird photos. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful shots!!! Good luck on your projects!

    visiting from KarmaBloggers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts