Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Traveling to Shenandoah National Park

Travel Days!

We traveled yesterday from Camp Lejeune to Gasburg, VA.  Today, we are heading for northern Virginia's mountains.  We plan to stay at the Shenandoah National Park.  We will drive the whole length of Skyline from one end to the other.  I hear the panoramic views are breath-taking!  I can't wait.

I hope to see Virginia's Quilt Museum in Harrisonburg.  I have waited a long time to see this museum and the one in Paducah, KY.

While Dan was driving, I was edging one of the pumpkins with button hole stitches.  I might try to get another one done today.

**There's a good chance that I won't have internet while we are in the national park from 13 - 18 July.**

Our Hitch - Hiker

Hitch riding on his scratch post over my right shoulder.

I posted this photo in my Day 6 for 365 Project.  I thought I would share it with my blogging friends.  If you look over my right shoulder, you will see Hitch in his favorite spot on his scratch post looking out the window as we travel down the highway.  He is quite a traveler!

Many of you know Hitch's story, so I'll keep it brief.

We first saw 6 month old Hitch hanging around a campground in South Dakota.  He was wandering from one rig to the next and finally ended up under our motorhome.  With a friendly purr, he managed to move into our hearts.  After spending a couple of days looking for his owner, we came to the conclusion that he had been left behind. 

The first time we started the motor, Hitch became excited.  He ran up and down the aisle!  Jumped up on the dash and did head bobbles!  He even helped Dan to navigate by standing on the steering wheel!  And that is how Hitch Hiker joined our family.

Every once in a while, we will hear stories from other cat staff about how their cats love to travel.  Does anyone have a travel-loving cat?

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny and the picture is too. My dog loves to go along when I drive.(which is kinda nice because her predecessor took three years to get used to the car but never loved to ride. It looks like that cat will be having a lot of good travel coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, I thought all dogs liked riding in cars. I'm glad you have one that enjoys riding. It is always fun to watch them.

    You got that right! Hitch is a born traveler and I think he has many happy miles of travel in his future. Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts