Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Need My Therapy! (Charleston, SC)

My Quilt Therapy that is….ha! I had you going, didn't I?

funny pictures - neurotic kitteh is on the shrink's couch

see more Lolcats and funny pictures, and check out our Socially Awkward Penguin lolz!

I had to take a break from quilting this week.  It has been a rough week without my quilting therapy….sigh…. I had to go to Urgent Care on Monday after accidentally wounding my wrist.  I bled a little and thought no big deal until the next morning when the wound was swollen and red.  I knew the infection was moving into my muscles when my fingers started twitching.  There’s nothing like having my own fingers waving back at me as if they have a mind of their own. 

Hmm….anyway, I ended up on antibiotics, got a lecture on NO sewing for at least a week, and I had to keep my wrist elevated above my heart.  Yep, I got real good with surfing the TV and websites with my left hand, but I really missed relaxing with one of my projects.  The rhythmic motion of the needle going in and out of fabric, the wonderful feeling of accomplishment as the blocks come together and even ripping out stitches can be therapeutic at times.  Groan!

 Isn’t it amazing how one hobby can keep a person feeling sane and relaxed?

Kokopeli SW Lap Quilt
Well, before I got put on rest detail, I was working on a SW Kokopeli lap quilt and I was just starting on another lap quilt using Laura Burch’s Cats fabric.  I love the cat fabric so much that I have decided to keep this one for myself.  This will be the first quilt I have made just  for me.  I have made one large quilt for Dan and I, but never one for me.

Kokopeli


Cat Quilt
Happy 4th of July Everyone!  I hope all is well with your family and your hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts