Thursday, May 3, 2012

Long Travel Day (Hill AFB, UT)

Travel day today.  It was a long drive form St. George/Hurricane to Ogden so this post is late and going to be short.

We were parked less than 35 miles from Zion National Park so we visited twice during our stay.  The park we were staying with is near the Red Cliffs area.  We had a very nice view of red cliffs across the highway.  Except for having a slow connection to the internet and small spaces, our stay wasn't all that bad. 

There's a historic home site right at the opening to the RV park.  Of course, I had to get some photos of it.  Harrisburg was the first town settlement and there are several old homes scattered around the area that I found quite interesting.

I'll post photos of Zion National Park along with our experiences in my next post.  Of course, I could not walk by these beautiful flowers without taking some pictures.

And of this cute little lizard with tiny turquoise colored spots.
This bee was certainly enjoying the flowers...

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures, especially the lizard and the bee. Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my neck of the woods! My husband is stationed at HAFB! Hope you are enjoying your stay!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzy! Our visit is short, but we are enjoying it so far. Out of all the bases I have visited, I think this base has the most scenic views. Snow-capped mountains on one side and the valley with Great Salt Lake on the other side. Gorgeous!

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts