Monday, July 29, 2013

The Order of the Day - Beach Walks (Newport, OR)

Travel day!  We are heading north up the Oregon Coast to Pacific City.  Would you believe it is warmer there?  Not by much, but I'll take a few degrees of warmth.  We spent a lot of time on the beaches here.  Walking from Ona Beach State Park to the backside of Seal Rock State Park.  I prefer the fog to the windy days.  
Seal Rocks
It really changes the way the beach looks.  I like playing Loreena McKennitt's smooth Irish music while I am walking in the fog.  It seemed to fit the mood of the beach.
We try to get to the beach while the tide is out.  The rocks are filled with all sorts of sea life.  Lots of star fishs, shell fish, and birds.  This seagull has a regular smorgasbord every day.
hmmm...where to start..
I'm slowly getting our photos uploaded to our Flickr albums.  Just click on Flickr to see our photos.

On The Cutting Board
I'm mailing out my first custom made mug rugs and starting on a new one.  I'm still learning the process of doing Custom Orders.
I have all the smaller projects open for custom orders.  Quilts will not be included in this offer.

So, I'm starting my next custom order and I'm very excited to do this one.  This is Harvey J.  Isn't he a cutie?  I can't wait to see what he will look like as a mug rug.
 My sister mentioned her love of Black Bears and would I be interested in making some Black Bear mug rugs.  I have been looking at my clipart and have a few ideas.  The problem is the bear being all black.  I'm not sure how he is going to look if I use a cream color to outline his face, tail, and paws.  I plan to give it a try just to see.
Of course, I can always do silhouettes with a tan muzzle, but I would like to add some character to the mug rugs.

Well, I need to get going.  It is a short travel day, but I have lots to do....I'm so excited, I don't know where to start!
Happy Trails!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, the Newport beaches are ruggedly beautiful, but I can't remember many sunny days when I visited as a kid. Lovely photos. And your mug rugs are adorable.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts