Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show (Sisters, OR)


Welcome to Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show!  I have waited a whole year to see this one show and the wait was worth it.  So many gorgeous quilts, inspiring quilts, and ones that had me wondering 'how did this quilter do this?'...

This is Sister's raffle quilt inspired by the poster designed by Dan Rickards - see below this quilt.
"Streams of Color" was designed by Jean Wells

This is a street view at 10 a.m.  It was probably more packed by noon, but I was too busy viewing quilts and having a great time. 
There were quilts everywhere....on the side of buildings, down alleys
hanging from balconies and over people...
covering a car..
made into a balloon...

as well as painted murals of quilts...
What a gorgeous day!  Not a cloud in the sky.  Not too hot with just a slight breeze.  We could not have asked for a better day.
I did not try to collect information on each quilt, so if you recognize a quilt or the quilter, please let me know.  I would love to add their information.  It was so busy with people wanting to look at the quilts or wanting photos..yes, like me...or they were hung so high up that I could not have read the information without a ladder.  Imagine me explaining to the officer why I'm doing that!
This is just a small portion of the photos I took of the quilt show.  I will try to upload them to Flickr soon.

How about this furbaby?  There is a second dog below this one.  They were both being fed ice cream while their owner took a break from pushing them around in the stroller.
I saw this dog portrait quilt across the street from the two dogs in a stroller.
So many quilts.  So little time.
    Lovely Hawaiian Iris quilt.  I like the color scheme..
Eye-catching samplers...

Cloud 9+
I have talked about Marie Bostwick's Cobbled Court Quilt series in the past.  I love all five of her books.  Her latest book:  Between Heaven and Texas is about Mary Dell's life.  I haven't read this one yet because I want to listen to the audio book.  I can't wait!
Marie announced on her FB page that she would be signing her books at Paulina Springs Bookstore on Saturday during the quilt show.  I told Kristy that I wanted to go to the bookstore first.  The quilts can wait because I'm going to meet one of my favorite authors.  We had a wonderful time visiting with Marie.   Thanks Robin for taking this picture!
Kristy, Marie, and Sandy
Kristy and I became friends with one of the Quilt Expo Vendors: Robin Halliday.  Robin works with felt more than with quilts, so she spent most of the day with us viewing quilts, taking photos, and learning more about quilt patterns.  I learned quite a bit about being a vendor and owning your own company.  We had a great time with Robin at Sisters.  
Photo: A quilt blogger included us in her review of the Oregon Summer Quilt Expo
Dee and Robin
Robin and her partner, Dee Brown are the owners and designers of The Quilted Trillium.  
You can see more of their designs on their website.
No Worries
I'm sorry to say that I did not buy any of their patterns.  My plan was to stick to a list this time so I would not come back to our motorhome with piles of fabrics and patterns with no place to store them.
Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. How lucky to meet a favorite author and get a book. I tried to order it on Amazon but they won't ship it to Japan. Maybe because it is too recent a publication. I'll have to look for it in the States. The scenes certainly take me back to last year. Glad you could go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was an amazing day !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts