Saturday, July 13, 2013

On With the Show! (Redmond, OR)

I'm off to catch the morning shuttle to Sisters.  Kristy and I have enjoyed the Quilt Expo, but it was a lot smaller than we had expected.  

We certainly did not need more than a day to see all the booths and talk to the vendors.  I saw many patterns and fabrics that I would love to buy.  I managed to restrain myself.  I only bought one pattern book, 1 yard of fabric, and a bottle of Instant Antique in a bottle.  I have been wanting to try a Hawaiian applique block and the this book does a great job of demonstrating with step-by-step photos.  Quilt Passions had all sorts of applique patterns - sea turtles, sea horses, tropical flowers....and the list goes on.  Anyway, I have a new project(s).  Now, I just need to find the time...
I haven't had much free time to work on projects or answer emails/blog comments.  The last few days have been fun-packed with quilts, quilt/fabric talk, and showing Kristy the surrounding beauty of Central Oregon.

The following photos are from Shevlin Park in Bend, OR.  Dan and I walked this one last week.  The walk had a few surprises with arched pedestrian bridges....

 old covered bridge

and my favorite...
a dry creek filled with balanced rocks....
It looks like people walking on the trail would stop and make their own balanced rocks.  We have seen these along the beaches and other spots, but never this many in one area.  I often added balanced rocks in my rock garden.  Every once in awhile, heavy winds would knock them down and I would make new ones.  Of course, I had to add my own balanced rocks....
Not too bad...eh?  and I'm off!
Happy Quilting!!

2 comments:

  1. At least you didn't get rain, like happened last year when I was there. Amazing how fast all those quilts were rescued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Sandy! I am so eager to try Hawaiian applique I can't wait to see what you come up with! What kind of fabric are you gonna use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts