Saturday, September 10, 2011

United We Remember 9-11

Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of 9-11.  A day that I am sure everyone (young excluded) remembers what they were doing at the moment they heard the news of the second plane flying into the second tower.   It is still fresh in my mind and the feelings….. surprise, confusion, fear, and vulnerability.   And the questions!   Why?  Who? Will there be more?   Our morning….our world was shattered.

While remembering those we lost with their families left behind, and the Heroes, I am also remembering how we have changed our own lives as well.   Over the years, I have heard of many life-changing decisions that were started from remembering 9-11.  It is interesting to hear how 9-11 has changed people’s lives.  Some took classes; others changed jobs, many took up a new hobby or traveled.  Did 9-11 change your life?

Remembering changed our life and our lifestyle.  Dan and I decided we did not want to keep working until our retirement age.   That’s when we started planning our 5-to-10-year plan to retire early.   We retired and started full-time traveling in our motorhome over 2 years ago.

I don’t have any photos today, but I found some wonderful artwork in Etsy.  This is just one of the many ways we are remembering.

8 comments:

  1. Such a sad, horror filled day. Can't believe it's been 10 years. It's a defining moment in my kids lives who were all school age. They have friends who joined the military and my son is a police officer - all due to 9/11. Your treasury is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SibStudio, You must be very proud of your children. It is amazing how many of our young people have stepped up to serve and protect our country because of 9-11.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is still surreal to me. Heartwrenching..
    New follower from http://sweethome-rachel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like most people, I remember that day, that moment so clearly. It is something I will never forget, and never be able to understand or even fully process.

    New follower from Handmadeology.

    Best wishes,

    ___________________________________________________

    Art & Craft Blog: randamart.blogspot.com
    My Cancer Battle: ancoraimparo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello SweetHomeBoutique, It is for me as well. Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Miranda, I believe that is why we feel so united at this time. Differences aside, we all are having a hard time processing what happened that day.
    Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life has changed so much because of 9/11. I think it's wonderful how you are living your life now. My husband and I hope to do the same thing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has! I often think about the pre-9-11 days.
    I hope you do too, Sher! We are enjoying it and don't regret our decision.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts