Friday, May 9, 2014

Our New Summer Home (Glenrock, WY)

We settled into our new site on Tuesday.  We will be here until September.  This campground is brand new.  So new, that they are still building sites with full hook-ups. 
Casper Mountains with snow
Right now, there are only 10 sites and all are filled with natural gas construction workers.  NG has brought a small business boom to the area for the next two years.
view from office
This also means the place is very quiet during the weekdays except for the construction work going on around us.  The owners are doing most of the work themselves with Dan's help. He started work yesterday.  Lots for him to do!  I will start working in the office next week.
side yard view - owner's home
The other workcampers have cancelled out.  So, it will be just Dan and I as workcampers.  The owners will get some extra help from one construction worker and one of the wives.  So far, everyone is super friendly which is a double-plus in my book.
side yard view to the back
 I'm not much of a water person.  I prefer to soak up the sun and read then to be cold and wet.  I don't think I'll be spending much time on or in the river especially on a paddle board!....brrrr!
North Platte River
I have a feeling that I am going to have a hard time finding outdoor subjects to photograph this summer.  I hear they have a variety of wildlife coming through like deer, eagles, turkeys, and Canada geese.  Maybe, I'll get lucky and get some shots of them when they stop in for a visit.
Across from the river, but not seen from the campground
I'm a little worried about having no shade this summer.  I wanted to warm up, but I don't want to be roasted either.  We are really exposed to all the elements here.  I'm told that the wind blows everyday.  I guess I won't be spending much time sewing outside if that turns out to be true.

On The Cutting Board
So, I'm staying indoors and with the extra time, I am busy sewing.  I finished embroidering three more Happy Campers.  
I think I'll do a couple of more before I actually start sewing them together.
Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Uh-oh! No shade during the summer? Maybe being near the water will be helpful, though. =0)
    There's a big blanket of clouds in all the photos. It looks really neat!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to start a new job, Sandy! It's a bummer you will have no shade around you! Hope it's not gonna be a super sunny and hot summer! The embroidery looks really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you stay cool in the Summer! Lovely pics:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts