Friday, February 14, 2014

Quiet Days, Lazy Ways (Florence, OR)

Happy Valentine's Day!  Today, I'm feeling very lazy.  I know there are projects I want to get done before we leave here, but motivation seems be running on empty.  I am certainly aware that the days are flying by.  Hard to believe we have been here for ten days. 

I thought I would share this for Valentine's Day from LOLCats - A purrfect spot for a cat to wear his heart...
I Can't Escape it
We are enjoying a break in the rain, but no sunshine.  I haven't taken a single new photo.  So, here are a couple of old photos from our sunny day in Florence....
And one more of the duck enjoying the weather while swimming around the docks....
On The Cutting Board
I know I should be thinking of heart-filled items to make to celebrate today, but I really want to get some UFO's done.  

I decided to take apart the heart on the gingerbread man.  You can't see the heart with all those beads.  I knew that I wanted to do something to accent the heart instead of hiding it.
After, viewing some online photos of other quilters crazy quilts, I decided to do something similar by embellishing the heart with beads, lace, and ribbons.
It isn't very Christmas-y, but I can see the heart now.  I did try to add the look of mistletoe hanging below the heart.  Next time, if there is a next time, I will try to stitch in some mistletoe before assembling.
The top looked a little too plain, so I added more buttons with lace and ribbons.
This time I am happy with the results.

Off to get some more stitching done.  I'm not sure what to work on next...hmm, I have turtles to applique, a cat to quilt....I should clean out my scrap bags...eh!...time for a walk.  Get that heart pumping and some oxygen to the brain...yawn!
Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. The cat is beautiful and so are the scenic photos. We've had sun here in Anacortes, WA for the last couple of days, but lots of rain in the forecast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts