Thursday, February 6, 2014

Heathers and Angel (Florence, Or)

We moved back to the coast just before another cold front hit Oregon.  So today, we are sitting inside while watching the snow fall.  It's too bad it is not sticking to the foliage for me to get photos this time. 
I did get some photos yesterday of Heather soaking up the sun's rays.  They are blooming every where in the Florence area.
They are so delicate looking.  I love the colors of lavender and sage combined.   I have thought of making a quilt in those two colors, but I have never found the right fabric.
One more of some bright red berries.  So nice to see some color blooming in February.  I bet March will be an explosion of colors along the coast.
On The Cutting Board
I finished the custom order and mailed her out yesterday.  I set a new record on finishing this mug rug.
I definitely like the straight eyes better.  I'm thinking of making Uncle Sam and Santa with straight eyes.
Now, I can finish up my other projects.  I have been thinking about some new mug rug and wall hanging designs.  I hope to post about them soon.
Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I love your mug rug!! Its very cute. We're laying under a few inches of snow, with piles along the driveway about 3-5 feet high. We've only gotten about 12 inches so far this year but the wind has been crazy with these cold fronts moving in from the arctic and its been piling up into huge drifts which are plowed up into monster piles along the driveway. I don't mind the snow or cold but its been over a month of below zero temps almost everyday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts