Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stitching Away the Time (Patagonia, AZ)

Gorgeous butterfly!  Wouldn't the colors be perfect for a quilt?  Deep dark chocolate brown with lavender blue framed in black...I can see it now.  Actually, it sounds good enough to eat.  Hmm, I wonder if I have any fabric in those shades...Yea, I better not go shopping until after I finish the others and I better go eat.  Suddenly, I am very hungry for some chocolate.

I did finish my first snowman block in color.  I have decided not to do the "Snowman Collector" in Redwork.  I like using different colors.  Plus I have a lot of plaid sitting in storage.  A perfect combination of colorful snowmen in plaid frames.  Doesn't that sound like a very warm and cuddly quilt.

I think on the next one I am going to use more bright and bold colors so they will stand out more.  I like using the back stitch, but I am still a little uneven with the stitch lengths.  I'll have to work on that.

I hopped over my Valentine's Day Angels to work on my Rabbit Mug Rugs instead.  I like the way this one looks already!  I hope to have two done just before April.  Nancy Halvorsen has such cute patterns!

A couple of new wildlife photos~


Just hanging around
Peek-a-boo!

6 comments:

  1. Adorable projects for sure, and love the wildlife photos! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!! I'll have to look where you're at and see if its close when we drive back thru to CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! Love your little appliques.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts