Sunday, October 18, 2009

Crazed over UFO Quilts

Done! Finished!
The best part about being retired is having the time to finish my unfinished objects (UFO).

This crazy quilt sat in my closet for 5 years. I almost gave it away at our garage sale. It was too big for our motorhome and our small 2-ft tree. I decided if I trimmed it down, I could still use it. Once I trimmed the skirt down, I felt like the skirt was more manageable to work on.
Squirrel is inspecting the finished Crazy Christmas Tree Skirt

Little Angels

Some buttons

Bullion stitches.

Traditional spider web

Ribbon stitches

This is a Mckenna Ryan design called "Beary & Bright". I love her quilts. I decided to do painted threads after buying Melinda Bula's "Cutting Garden Quilts". I liked the idea of adding my own quilting designs for a different look. I added loops to the corners so I can hang the wall quilt in our front windshield with suction cups.





I'm ready for Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. where oh where will you spend Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since starting this new lifestyle, I have found it hard to plan more than a month in advance. Breath deep & go with the flow. :) So for now, we might spend our Christmas here in Westport, WA since we are work-camping for the winter at American Sunset RV. Or depending on weather and our work schedule, we might try to spend our Christmas with my Mom. She lives on Whidbey Island. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just discovered your blog and love your work! It will be fun following you in your travels and watching your stitching projects as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Helen! I recently joined the Quilting Gallery so I could connect with quilters like you. I will join your blog too. I can't think of a better way for swapping stories, tips, and having an endless stream of show-n-tells. I'm in quilter's heaven! Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts