Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fluttering Through the Desert (Apache Junction, AZ)

We are settled into a RV park in Apache Junction, AZ for a few days.  Dan's sister and her husband have been spending the winter in the area.  They took us to the Orange Patch to browse their store.  I am such a big orange eater that this was quite a treat to visit this place.  Oranges everywhere!  Big ones...little ones..in candy....syrup....it was orange heaven.
After shopping, I was able to take some photos of the orange grove in between smelling the blossoms.  Of course, nothing beats a fresh picked orange ripened on the tree...oh yea!
The next day, Dan's sister took us to the Desert Botanical Gardens in Scottsdale, AZ.  We had a great time.  We saw some different looking desert plants from around the world as well as from the Sonora Desert.  Below are a few photos from our walk.


The Spring Butterfly Exhibit had a lovely selection and I took a lot of photos so I will be posting them later on our new Flickr site. 
White Peacock
Zebra Longwing and Julia (background)
 Only a few of the cactus were showing signs of blooming.  According to the calendar, we should start seeing more flowers by the end of March.

Between sightseeing, shopping, and visiting, I have not spent a lot of time quilting...but today will be a little slower, so maybe I'll do a little sewing...in between walking cats or eating an orange or two....

There are a few more photos in our travel blog - Too2ManyCats
Happy Trails!

5 comments:

  1. Great to see your pictures!I'd love to see the desert in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the orange patch store. What a lovely interesting time you been having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterfly exhibits are so nice. Last one I went to was in winter, and it was a special treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine the smell of the oranges! I love the smell of citrus.
    Lovely, lovely photos! The Desert Botanical Gardens sounds like a great place to visit. =0)
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts