Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Not So Wordless Wednesday (Patagonia, AZ)

Eh? What can I say...it is definitely winter in Arizona this year.  I'm beginning to wish I kept more of my winter clothes.   We woke up to about a half an inch of snow yesterday morning.  I had to defrost the hummingbird feeder before our little buddy woke up.  As a matter of fact, there wasn't a single bird around.  I searched all the surrounding trees.  Not a single bird in any of them...hmmmm, I wonder where they all go on such a cold night...
fluffed up Housefinch
Once the sun came over the mountains, the chirping started and the feeding frenzy began.  Some of the little guys looked like they were having a hard time getting started.  Maybe we should serve coffee with their seeds then we can watch them ping off the branches!  Just kidding.  I don't want them to have caffeine headaches after we leave the area.
Pine Siskins and Lesser Goldfinch
It was our day off, so we went for a walk before breakfast. So here's some photos of our walk with lots of blue sky, sunshine, and snow....not too many birds...they were the smart ones...they stayed in their warm beds.
sunrays through snow covered branches
Dan wanted to look for tracks in the snow to see how active the area had been the night before.
We saw lots of little tracks - deer, coyote, bobcat, skunk or fox or both, and something so tiny that it only left two little lines in the snow.  Oh, no mountain lion tracks this time, but he is still around.
a misty morning on the Sonoita Creek
The green watercress in the creek added a lot of contrast to the white snow and blue sky.
Sonoita Creek
Sonoita Creek
Okay, so I'm posting too many photos of the creek.  I can't help it.  I just love the way the snow changed the creek's area.
Sonoita Creek
The Railroad trail had a mystical feel to it....very enchanting and so quiet.  We saw only one deer and no javalina.
snow covered path
very inviting
Last photo....
the end of our walk
On The Cutting Board
Another quilt top ready for layering!  This one is fitting for today's theme - A walk in the woods quilt.
Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful different perspective of Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! The sky and the snow and the green along the creek, too. I love spotting tracks in the snow. This morning I think I saw raccoon tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing and burrrrr....pictures look so cold. It is snowing here in Ohio as i respond. Love the applique that you are doing. I have a few quilts showing up today to quilt. Will have the longarm for sale soon.
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love all the pictures. Woods are beautiful in winter. Wish we got at least some snow this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The snow that year was a surprise for us and did not last long, but we enjoyed it while it was there.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts