Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Sitting On A Corner (Bridgeport, TX)

That song was stuck in my head all day after our visit to Winslow, AZ.  
I love the Eagles so, I had to listen to "Take It Easy" a couple of times after we got home on my iPod.
I tried to get a photo of the Rte. 66 symbol in the center of the crossroads, but I couldn't angle the lens to include the building and statues.  I should have brought my wide lens with me.  One of those moments of "should of, could of".
The corner was having a slow day. There were less than 20 visitors while we were taking photos. We enjoyed visiting the corner, doing a little shopping, and finding a nice place to eat.  We ate at the Sipp Shoppe across the street while watching people doing their version of standing on the corner.  Plenty of posing going on! 😄
We stayed a couple of nights in our favorite state park - Homolovi.  We spent the afternoon walking a few of the trails.
Kiva
It's hard to imagine from these ruins that there used to be a Pueblo built with more than 1,200 rooms.
Homolovi II Pueblo
Pottery sherds are everywhere.  People have gathered up loose pieces to set on rocks for others to view.  I did not pick up any but I did spend quite a bit of time looking at the ground near the trail trying to identify the small pieces of pottery from the rocks.
The Hopi ancestors certainly knew how to pick a home with a view. 
And this is why we enjoy staying here.  Quiet, beautiful and untouched by man as far as the eyes can see.  Okay, I can see the highway, but it is far enough away to mute the sounds.  At night, you can see the stars.  Usually, we get spectacular sunsets, but smoke from the wildfires was blocking out the sun.  But....I did not leave disappointed!
I woke up just after 4 am on our first morning in Homolovi.
Giving up on sleeping longer, I decided I might as well grab my camera and watch the sun come up.  Boy, was I ever surprised by this outstanding sunrise.  I was told this looks similar to the Arizona state flag.
Okay, a couple of pictures of the cats.  Dusty (grey) has never been a cuddler with us or with the other cats.  He'll let Max sleep with him for short periods of time before he moves away, but I think he has finally decided that he doesn't mind cuddling with Max.
Or maybe Max is just too stubborn to give up on Dusty.  He looks pretty determined, doesn't he?
By the way, we are in (Bridgeport, TX).  This is to let you know where we are at the moment.  Not where the photos were taken.
On The Cutting Board
I'm making some progress on my quilt.  The second block that I decided to add to the Native Flair quilt is Kokopeli.  It took a couple of different designs to make him a little wider in the middle in order to add embellishments from the Native Flair designs.
This looks like it will work without overwhelming Kokopeli.
I still have a long way to go.  Back to sewing!
Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I thought the fall tree pictures were super but that sunrise gets the prize. Nice catch. I can hear Kokopeli all the way here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts