Sunday, June 15, 2014

Rock In The Glen (Glenrock, WY)

We are leaving Glenrock and moving tomorrow to Hot Springs, SD.  We are moving to the US Army Corp of Engineers - Cold Brook Lake Recreation Area.  It's been a long couple of days with a round trip to Hot Springs on Friday, making a decision to leave our present jobs, and finishing up the rest of our work week.
 Of course, it doesn't help that I haven't slept well for a couple of nights in a row thanks to thunderstorms, noisy neighbors, and a restless cat.  I have a feeling that will not be a problem tonight.  I am very tired.
You know I must be tired if I haven't touched a single project in several days, so I'll show you photos from Rock in the Glen park.
  I thought I better show you some of the photos I took before we leave the area.
A couple of weeks ago, Dan and I went for a walk around the Rock in the Glen where many settlers along with Kit Carson stopped to rest and left their names in the sand rock.  We did not find the names.
I like the rock's surface.  It is very unusual.  
Deer watching us
We did some exploring and climbed to the top to get a lovely view of the area when we realized we were being watched by a deer right below us.
small tree big root
We came across several trees growing in the cracks in the rock.
colorful lichen
Lots of colorful lichen and beautiful wildflowers.


Okay, so I need to finish packing.  I'm looking forward to moving to Hot Springs.  Lots of photo ops of the town and the local area.  Soooo....Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. That unusual rock formation could almost be a quilt pattern!

    Good luck with the move and change! We had some friends who lived in Custer and he travelled to the hot springs for VA therapy. When we visited they warned us about the bison being on the warm roads sleeping at night! So... now I'm telling you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts