Saturday, March 19, 2011

National Quilting Day! Happy Quilting!

March 19 is National Quilting Day.  I won't be able to quilt today.  I am volunteering to be a Docent for a Key West House Tour.  I did the tour yesterday (no photos allowed - darn!).  My favorites were their gardens.  So inviting.  So relaxing.  Many of the houses had a lot of character with a wide range of colors giving me a feeling of being in the tropics.  And of course, it gave me lots of ideas for more quilts.   hmmmm, just what I need - more ideas.

I did prep-work on 4 Dresden Plates yesterday.  The unfinished Dresdens were donated to Project Linus.   I don't have any matching material for borders.  I might have to go shopping if there is nothing in my stash.  In the meantime, I will start hand sewing the Dresdens to the background.  A good project to do while we are traveling to our next location.


2 years ago on 19 March, I retired from my job to full-time with my husband in our motorhome.  I can't believe it has been 2 years!  On 22 March, we left Albuquerque and started our adventures on the road.  Wow!  Our second anniversary of freedom and full-timing.  And yes, I would do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts