Thursday, November 4, 2010

THE ALOHA QUILT by Jennifer Chiaverini

The Aloha Quilt by Jennifer ChiaveriniI just finished listening to Jennifer Chiaverini’s audio-book “The Aloha Quilt”.  If you love to quilt and you love to read then this is the perfect book for you. This story follows one of the Elm Creek quilters – Bonnie to Hawaii. During her stay, she learns the about Queen Lili’uokalani, the history behind Hawaii and the U.S. and about Hawaiian quilts. The history of Hawaii was quite an eye-opener for me.
I can’t wait for the next one “The Union Quilters” to come out in February. Did I mention that I can’t wait!

Of course, if you really want to start reading Jennifer’s books, you should start at the beginning with the very first one “The Quilter’s Apprentice”.

IF You Plan to READ “The Aloha Quilt” – DO NOT CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: it is a spoiler. Here’s a link to Mr XStitch’s blog with some quilts and rarely heard about history.
I finished this appliqué while listening to "The Aloha Quilt"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts