Monday, May 10, 2010

A Little Hand Quilting, A Little Appliqué

I love the way the mosaic worked out on my water lilies.
I should have made smaller pieces for the fish.  I'm having a hard time keeping the bigger pieces from getting puffy.  Of course, it doesn't help when Max lies under the quilt while I am appliquéing.  I try to use him as a table, but he tends to rollover just as I have it in the perfect spot.

I plan to add some ginkgo leaves floating in the water.  I am also thinking of adding some bamboo stems with a shadow effect if I can find a way to add organza by hand.  I want to do all of this by hand if I can.
I love working with my hands, but it is very slow compared to using a machine. So far, I have finished one block and a few borders done.  The blue is chalk.  I hope this washes out!  I went back to using stencils and a washable ink marker after I finished this block.


I decided to try some free-form fill on this block.  It has been fun, but it is taking a while to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts