Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Best Laid Plans (Spokane, WA)

..........often go awry.  Yep, that's the way the last couple of weeks have been for me.  First, it was the sudden attention our cats wanted during our travels along with bad weather.  So, not a whole lot of sewing going on during that time.
With two weeks in Spokane, I planned to catch up on my sewing projects, take photos, and get some items listed.  I did not plan on turning into a......a shuffling, snuffling, wheezing, sneezing Zombie moaning for more Tissues!  Those lovely trees outside our motorhome were dumping super-strength mutated pollen.  Usually, I can take a Claritin and be fine the next day.  Not this time.  I spent over a week fighting allergies so I did not get a whole lot done the first week.

On The Cutting Board
I'm happy to say that I am back among the living and getting a few things done.  I have twelve Happy Camper tops embroidered and ready to sew together.
I have two new ones with a black bear profile that I'm in very excited about listing.
Here are three smaller Happy Campers in different colors.
And of course, four of the all-time favorite color combo of red with aqua or teal Happy Campers.  I have more to work on and hopefully, they will all be finished before June which is not too far off.
Oh, and here's a photo of a T@B trailer.  It was parked next to us for one of the nights while we were in Montana.  Isn't it adorable?  You can see where my inspiration comes from for my Happy Campers.
T@B Trailer
As soon as I started to feel better, I started working on some projects for myself.  I have been wanting to finish my SW pillows since last winter.  Ta-Da!  All four are now done!  If you like the Native Flair pattern, you can order the epattern from QuiltWoman.  I'm tempted to make a lap quilt to match the pillows.  After, I finish a few other UFOs.
Speaking of UFOs, my armchair sewing caddy has been on the To Do list for a long time.  I finally had to make a new one because the other one was falling apart.  The fabric had faded from exposure to the sun, over stuffing it to the point that the seams were popping, and the straps were frayed from moving the caddy from one chair to the another chair.

This time, I made the new one a little wider with deeper pockets.  Now Dusty will not be able to chew on my pens and pencils sitting in the top pocket.  To make the pockets stronger, I used one long tube of folded fabric and sewed down sections instead of separate squares of fabric.  I'm quite happy with the way this one came out considering I only spent a couple of days working on it.  I just wish I had used a heavier interfacing for the back.  I'll have to remember that for the next time.
Tomorrow is a travel day.   We plan to stay a few weeks in mid-Washington at Crescent Bar before we start our move towards the west coast.  
In the meantime, I think I am going to enjoy something I have not been able to do since we left the NW area.  I'm going to have a cup of hot Wild Huckleberry Tea while I read through Mary Janes Farm before I do a little more sewing this evening.
Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. So glad you could recover enough to get all those nice things done. I thought of you when we were hearing reports of tornadoes. I'm glad you made it through before they hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy, well dispite those horrible allergies, you certainly made up for lost time with all your beautiful sewing. I hope you're feeling better now. Safe travels. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry your allergies are giving you a fit!! I've been busy trying to get the house (and garden if it ever stops raining) ready for graduation. I picked up fabric today for hubby's retirement quilt wall hanging. He retires in July. I'd better get cracking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if it has to do with the changes in the weather patterns. I'm doing better now that we have moved to central Washington. I'm back to my ol' self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog. Please check out my garden blog - I'd like to "grab your button" and put it on my blog, but what do I do with it? LOL! I see you have lots of buttons and can't fin where (on Blogger) to tell me how to get them on my blog. sigh....

    Thanks for your help...
    Ann Bailey
    eabailey661@gmail.com

    www.thenorthernwestvirginiagardener.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts