Sunday, May 27, 2018

Having a Senior Moment (Benson, AZ)

I received an email from my friend a few days ago.  She wanted to let me know that she had a great time visiting me and mentioned photos of her visit.  Talk about having a Senior moment.

I had totally forgotten to post photos of our visits to Cottonwood and to Phoenix.  For some reason, I thought I had already posted to my blog about our visits with my friend and with Dan's sister and her husband.  We had a great time visiting and catching up with everyone. So, for this post I'm doing a little backtracking.
it's called a senior moment
Pinterest
Below are a couple of photos of from the trails above the Verde Valley RV Campground near Cottonwood, AZ.  My friend and I did a very early morning walk.  It got up into the high 90s, but the mornings were wonderful. 
You can see the tops of the rigs among the trees in this one.
We also visited Tuzigoot National Monument.  We did not stay long as it was getting close to noon and getting very warm especially out in the sun.
After our stay in Cottonwood, we moved south to Phoenix to visit Dan's sister and her husband.  We had a delicious homemade lunch for Mother's Day and a tour of their house.
Dan had no problems getting us reservation at the Usery Mountain Regional Park.  We stayed a few nights enjoying the quiet beauty each evening.
The Saguaros were blooming, but were so tall that I had to use my 500 mm lens to get close-ups.
I managed to get a couple of good photos of one bird enjoying the flowers.
There must have been something moist inside the flowers because his beak was dripping when he pulled it out.  If this bird had lips, I would swear he was smacking his beak.  Must have been some tasty juice in those flowers.  I wonder if it was fermented.  He had no problem flying a straight line. 😄
Dan caught this photo of Max chillin' after an early evening of exploring our site and chasing lizards.
Whew! They say it is a dry heat, but I am worn out!
I might joke about being forgetful, but I will never forget those who gave their lives for our country.
Home Of The Free Because Of The Brave Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter
On The Cutting Board
Not much luck finding a good location to take photos of my finished quilts.  In the meantime, I am finishing up two more Happy Campers.
I'm also working on a new pattern called Twitter by Meags & Me
Okay, I do believe I have covered everything this time.  We leave Benson next Tuesday, so I better get back to my quilts and mug rugs. Have a Safe Weekend

3 comments:

  1. My Senior moments happen more regularly than that ... like, I just had my glasses a few minuted ago, now where could they have gotten off to???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian! I hope you are enjoying your summer as well.

      Delete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts