Friday, August 3, 2018

Traveling East (Willis, TX)

Travel day tomorrow and I have just realized that I have not posted in almost a month.  
Dusty loved our great site on the Colorado River
To tell you the truth, I really don't have a whole lot to show for all that time.  I'm not sure what I did except to go for morning walks, supervise our cats' outdoor time, read, and of course, work on some projects.
Colorado River
Here are some photos that Dan and I took during the past four weeks.
Evening visitor
We were on the Colorado River when I posted the last time.  Plenty of wildlife running around the park.  The cats kept alerting on the armadillos as they would waddle by our site looking for bugs and grubs.  Hitch and Dusty really wanted to chase after the little guys.  We said no and made sure they just watched from a distance.  We always ruin their fun. 😾
Deer behind our site
The deer were especially spunky running from one end of the park to the other in the evenings.
A mini Bus??  Not sure, but I thought it was cute to share
You probably remember the damage done by Harvey along the Texas coastal area.  The Colorado River flooded the lower half of this park during that time.  Below is the site we had in 2015.  This link takes you back to my post when I was worried about the heavy rains and the river was rising fast.  The park lost about four sites last year, but they have done a good job getting the area back up to speed except for some electrical problems.

We are now finishing up a three week stay on Lake Conroe before moving to Nacogdoches to get some work done on our coach.
New developments in the Conroe RV Park
The temperatures have been in the high 90s plus humidity equals a real-feel of 105℉+.  I have been trying to get in a walk every morning with cooler temperatures below 85℉.
Great view of my morning walks near Lake Conroe
After Nacogdoches, we will move to the Gulf Shores area in Alabama.  I'm ready to go see some new sites and to visit a few old ones as well.

On The Cutting Board
I honestly do not have a single thing to show you.  I know I have been working on a few projects, but I haven't finished a single thing!  I saw this on Facebook.  A good reminder to get some of these projects done soon.
Well, I should start packing, but I think I will do a little sewing first.
Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Great photos. Good to see what you're up to. Love the armadillo! Yes that's a good reminder to get some projects finished. Take care. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! I'm beginning to think that the warm weather has me distracted. All I want to do is take morning walks and read. :)

      Delete
  2. omg look at that armadillo.. so cool

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts