Friday, May 17, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival (NE Oregon)

I am entering Cuddly Critters into the Baby Quilt category in the Blogger's Quilt Festival held and hosted by Amy's Creative Side.  Thank you Amy for hosting this festival.

My husband and I retired in 2009, sold our house, and have been traveling in our motorhome with four cats.  I still manage to get in some quilting time.

Thanks to the internet and emails, I am able to keep up with all my friends and co-workers.  This includes my one and only student intern.  Recently, she sent me the good news that she and her husband were expecting their first child.  I knew the exact quilt I wanted to make for their little one. 
42x42 inches
This pattern is a perfect cuddly quilt for her baby with four little critters hugging stars. Actually, the name in the magazine is "Starbear Friends", but I like Cuddly Critters better.
All the embroidery and appliqué is done by hand.
close-up of kitty's eye
Ready for the quilt. 
It is a challenge to live and travel full-time in our motorhome.  Space is limited, so the quilt moved around the motorhome as it progressed.  From the dining room table...
The Hugs Squad shift change
....to outside...especially when there is a lovely view on a gorgeous day.

...to our front window on a folding table....Nothing gets between me and my quilting!

   
Here are some close-ups of all four Cuddly Critters.....
bear
dog
raccoon
cat
and one of the waiting couple!  Such a sweet family photo!  Thanks you two ~ for letting me post your picture.  I cannot wait to see photos of  the little one.  hint! hint!
Baby due mid-May....about now
Want to see some more beautiful quilts?  Please click on the link below.  Thanks for stopping by!  If you leave a comment, I will be happy to return the favor.

AmysCreativeSide.com
Blogger's Quilt Festival

So, if you will excuse me, I am off to do some blog hopping!
Happy Quilting!

18 comments:

  1. What a cute quilt!! And I have to say that the "Hug Squad shift change" made me laugh out loud... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your intern friend and her husband are a beautiful couple! And I can imagine how happy they will be to receive your lovely quilt. It is so cozy and playful, with these kind and friendly animal faces.

    Your lifestyle is quite unusual to me. In our country, replacing your house with a motorhome would be considered madness. But I admire it. You obviously do exactly what you want to do, and it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eugenie! I'm happy to say the couple do love their new baby quilt.
      Yes, there are quite a few people in the US that think we are crazy too. Maybe we are, but we are happy as well as crazy!

      Delete
  3. Very cute, I have to say you have done a fabulous job, I know how hard it is to be travelling and quilting you obviously love quilting alot. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is THE perfect quilt for the new baby! I love it. =0) I also like your name for it - Cuddly Critters.
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, i love this:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lonci! I enjoyed making the quilt.

      Delete
  6. Your quilt looks great. Love those animals. This will be a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable quilt! Love the little critter faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is adorable! It is something they will treasure forever! I love the little faces on your bears.

    I just love that you travel with sewing machine! When the day comes where I can travel, my sewing supplies will be a must take for the road!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!! I'm finally back and done with school. I'm getting the garden in and setting up a sewing nook. Love the stuff you've been doing and of course, the gorgeous photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice baby quilt. I am sure the new baby will just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable baby quilt!! Baby will love it. Fun seeing how you've adapted to your lifestyle. My folks had a motorhome for yars and mom did gorgeous pine needle baskets while she travelled...loved picking up needles from all around the country. Thanks for sharing your lovely piece and the story. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute story and so special to have a picture of the expecting couple! The quilt is so adorable, I'm sure they'll cherish it! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt! New follower from blogging buddies! http://alewphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you April! I will be over for a visit!

      Delete
  14. What a super sweet quilt! And how appropriate that you find a four cat quilt to make! It is cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww very sweet quilt, perfect for a little one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts