Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Sorry to take so long on posting the recipe.  Our server has been very slooooooow lately.  I haven't spent a lot of time on the computer since we got back to full hook-ups.  I have almost finished 4 tops for Project Linus.  WooHoo!  My sewing machine is smokin' from all the quilting.  I will post some pictures as soon as I have the binding done.



Chicken Tortilla Soup


2 to 3 boneless Chicken Breasts
4 garlic cloves, minced
Olive Oil
1- 32 oz organic low sodium chicken broth (depending on size of crockpot and the amount of ingredients, you might not use all of the broth. I like a lot of broth in my soups)
2- 14 ½ oz cans roasted tomatoes with garlic OR with green chili
1 cup of your favorite salsa
1 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
2 tbsp ground cumin

Toppers: shredded Monterey Jack, tortilla chips, sour cream, salsa

Brown 2 minced garlic cloves and chicken breasts in olive oil covered frying pan. Turn frequently. Shred chicken with fork.

In the meantime, heat crockpot to sauté 2 garlic cloves in olive oil.

Combine all ingredients.

Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours.

Serve soup with toppers on the side.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!! I can't wait to try it!! I haven't been doing any quilting. My father is supposed to be here today so I hope to get some sewing done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I enjoy eating it. Good luck on getting some sewing done and have a great visit with your Dad! Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. I enjoy hearing from you.

"Friendship is a blessing, It's the best you have to share, The talents and the wisdom, The capacity to care." ~ Emily Matthews

Popular Posts